Good Ice House Dallas #5 Katy Trail Area Of Uptown Dallas Is A Beautiful Semi Private Trail That Runs Throughout Uptown Images Collection
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Iceice (īs),USA pronunciation n., v., iced, ic•ing, adj.
- the solid form of water, produced by freezing;
- the frozen surface of a body of water.
- any substance resembling frozen water: camphor ice.
- a frozen dessert made of sweetened water and fruit juice.
- See ice cream.
- icing, as on a cake.
formality: The ice of his manner betrayed his dislike of the new ambassador.
- a diamond or diamonds.
- protection money paid to the police by the operator of an illicit business.
- a fee that a ticket broker pays to a theater manager in order to receive a favorable allotment of tickets.
- break the ice:
- to succeed initially;
make a beginning.
- to overcome reserve, awkwardness, or formality within a group, as in introducing persons: The chairman broke the ice with his warm and very amusing remarks.
- cut no ice, [Informal.]to have no influence or importance;
fail to impress: Her father's position cuts no ice with me.
- on ice, [Informal.]
- with a good chance of success or realization: Now that the contract is on ice we can begin operating again.
- out of activity, as in confinement or imprisonment.
- in a state of abeyance or readiness: Let's put that topic on ice for the moment.
- on thin ice, in a precarious or delicate situation: You may pass the course, but you're on thin ice right now.Also, skating on thin ice.
- to cover with ice.
- to change into ice;
- to cool with ice, as a drink.
- to cover (cake, sweet rolls, etc.) with icing;
- to refrigerate with ice, as air.
- to make cold, as if with ice.
- to preserve by placing on ice.
- [Ice Hockey.](esp. in Canada) to put (a team) into formal play.
- to settle or seal;
make sure of, as by signing a contract: We'll ice the deal tomorrow.
- to make (a business arrangement) more attractive by adding features or benefits: The star pitcher wouldn't sign his new contract until the team iced it with a big bonus.
- to kill, esp. to murder: The mobsters threatened to ice him if he went to the police.
- to establish a winning score or insurmountable lead in or otherwise assure victory in (a game or contest): Her second goal iced the game.
- to change to ice;
freeze: The sherbet is icing in the refrigerator.
- to be coated with ice (often fol. by up): The windshield has iced up.
- ice it, [Slang.]stop it;
that's enough: You've been complaining all day, so ice it.
- ice the puck, [Ice Hockey.]to hit the puck to the far end of the rink, esp. from the defensive area across the offensive area.
- of or made of ice: ice shavings; an ice sculpture.
- for holding ice and food or drink to be chilled: an ice bucket; an ice chest.
- on or done on the ice: ice yachting.
Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
DallasDal•las (dal′əs),USA pronunciation n.
George Miff•lin (mif′lin),USA pronunciation 1792–1864, U.S. diplomat: vice-president of the U.S. 1845–49.Dal′las•ite′, n.
- a city in NE Texas. 904,078.
Areaar•e•a (âr′ē ə),USA pronunciation n.
- any particular extent of space or surface;
part: the dark areas in the painting; the dusty area of the room.
- a geographical region;
tract: the Chicago area; the unsettled areas along the frontier.
- any section reserved for a specific function: the business area of a town; the dining area of a house.
- extent, range, or scope: inquiries that embrace the whole area of science.
- field of study, or a branch of a field of study: Related areas of inquiry often reflect borrowed notions.
- a piece of unoccupied ground;
an open space.
- the space or site on which a building stands;
the yard attached to or surrounding a house.
- areaway (def. 1).
- the quantitative measure of a plane or curved surface;
- a zone of the cerebral cortex having a specific function: The damage to Broca's area affected his speech.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
DallasDal•las (dal′əs),USA pronunciation n.
George Miff•lin (mif′lin),USA pronunciation 1792–1864, U.S. diplomat: vice-president of the U.S. 1845–49.Dal′las•ite′, n.
- a city in NE Texas. 904,078.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Beautifulbeau•ti•ful (byo̅o̅′tə fəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- having beauty;
having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.;
delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
- excellent of its kind: a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
very pleasing or satisfying.
- the concept of beauty (usually prec. by the).
- (used with a pl. v.) beautiful things or people collectively (usually prec. by the): the good and the beautiful.
- the ideal of beauty (usually prec. by the): to strive to attain the beautiful.
fantastic: You got two front-row seats? Beautiful!
incredible: used ironically: Your car broke down in the middle of the freeway? Beautiful!
Semisem•i (sem′ē, sem′ī),USA pronunciation n. [Informal.]
- semitrailer (def. 1).
- Often, semis. semifinal (def. 3).
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Runsrun (run),USA pronunciation v., ran, run, run•ning, n., adj.
- to go quickly by moving the legs more rapidly than at a walk and in such a manner that for an instant in each step all or both feet are off the ground.
- to move with haste;
act quickly: Run upstairs and get the iodine.
- to depart quickly;
take to flight;
flee or escape: to run from danger.
- to have recourse for aid, support, comfort, etc.: He shouldn't run to his parents with every little problem.
- to make a quick trip or informal visit for a short stay at a place: to run up to New York; I will run over to see you after dinner.
- to go around, rove, or ramble without restraint (often fol. by about): to run about in the park.
- to move, roll, or progress from momentum or from being hurled, kicked, or otherwise propelled: The wheel ran over the curb and into the street.
- to take part in a race or contest.
- to finish in a race or contest in a certain numerical position: The horse ran second.
- to be or campaign as a candidate for election.
- to migrate, as fish: to run in huge shoals.
- to migrate upstream or inshore from deep water to spawn.
- to move under continuing power or force, as of the wind, a motor, etc.: The car ran along the highway.
- (of a ship, automobile, etc.) to be sailed or driven from a safe, proper, or given route: The ship ran aground.
- to ply between places, as a vessel or conveyance: This bus runs between New Haven and Hartford.
- to move, glide, turn, rotate, or pass easily, freely, or smoothly: A rope runs in a pulley.
- to creep, trail, or climb, as growing vines: The ivy ran up the side of the house.
- to come undone or to unravel, as stitches or a fabric: these stockings run easily.
- to flow, as a liquid: Let the water run before you drink it.
- to flow along, esp. strongly, as a stream or the sea: The rapids ran over the rocks.
- to empty or transfer contents: The river ran into the sea.
- to appear, occur, or exist within a certain limited range;
include a specific range of variations (usually fol. by from): Your work runs from fair to bad.
- to melt and flow or drip: Wax ran down the burning candle.
- [Golf.](of a golf ball) to bounce or roll along the ground just after landing from a stroke: The ball struck the green and ran seven feet past the hole.
- to spread on being applied to a surface, as a liquid: Fresh paint ran over the window molding onto the pane.
- to spread over a material when exposed to moisture: The dyes in this fabric are guaranteed not to run in washing.
- to undergo a spreading of colors: materials that run when washed.
- to flow forth as a discharge: Tears ran from her eyes.
- to discharge or give passage to a liquid or fluid: Her eyes ran with tears.
- to operate or function: How does your new watch run? Cars run on gasoline.
- to be in operation: the noise of a dishwasher running.
- to continue in operation: The furnace runs most of the day.
- to elapse;
pass or go by, as time: Time is running out, and we must hurry.
- to pass into or meet with a certain state or condition: to run into debt; to run into trouble.
- to get or become: The well ran dry.
- to amount;
total: The bill ran to $100.
- to be stated or worded in a certain manner: The minutes of the last meeting run as follows.
- to accumulate, follow, or become payable in due course, as interest on a debt: Your interest runs from January 1st to December 31st.
- to make many withdrawals in rapid succession, as from a bank.
- to have legal force or effect, as a writ.
- to continue to operate.
- to go along with: The easement runs with the land.
- to proceed, continue, or go: The story runs for eight pages.
- to extend in a given direction: This road runs north to Litchfield.
- to extend for a certain length: The unpaved section runs for eight miles.
- to extend over a given surface: Shelves ran from floor to ceiling.
- to be printed, as on a printing press: Two thousand copies ran before the typo was caught.
- to appear in print or be published as a story, photograph, etc., in a newspaper, magazine, or the like: The account ran in all the papers. The political cartoon always runs on the editorial page.
- to be performed on a stage or be played continually, as a play: The play ran for two years.
- to occur or take place continuously, as a movie: The picture runs for two hours.
- to pass quickly: A thought ran through his mind. Her eyes ran over the room.
- to be disseminated, circulated, or spread rapidly: The news of his promotion ran all over town.
- to continue or return persistently;
recur: The old tune ran through his mind all day.
- to have or tend to have or produce a specified character, quality, form, etc.: This novel runs to long descriptions. Her sister is fat too, but the family runs to being overweight.
- to be or continue to be of a certain or average size, number, etc.: Potatoes are running large this year.
- [Naut.]to sail before the wind.
- to move or run along (a surface, way, path, etc.): Every morning he ran the dirt path around the reservoir to keep in condition. She ran her fingers over the keyboard.
- to traverse (a distance) in running: He ran the mile in just over four minutes.
- to perform, compete in, or accomplish by or as by running: to run a race; to run an errand.
- to go about freely on or in without supervision: permitting children to run the streets.
- to ride or cause to gallop: to run a horse across a field.
- to enter in a race: He ran his best filly in the Florida Derby.
- to bring into a certain state by running: He ran himself out of breath trying to keep pace.
- to trace, track, pursue or hunt, as game: to run deer on foot.
- to drive (an animal) or cause to go by pursuing: to run a fox to cover; to run the stallion into the barn.
- to leave, flee, or escape from: He ran town before the robbery was discovered.
- to cause to ply between places, as a vessel or conveyance: to run a ferry between New York and New Jersey.
- to convey or transport, as in a vessel or vehicle: I'll run you home in my car.
- to cause to pass quickly: He ran his eyes over the letter. She ran a comb through her hair.
- to get past or through: to run a blockade.
- (of drivers or cyclists) to disregard (a red or amber traffic light) and continue ahead without stopping.
- to smuggle (contraband goods): to run guns across the border.
- to work, operate, or drive: Can you run a tractor?
- to publish, print, or make copies of, as on a printing press (sometimes fol. by off): Run off 3000 of these posters. The newspapers ran the story on page one.
- to process, refine, manufacture, or subject to an analysis or treatment: The doctor wanted to run a blood test. The factory ran 50,000 gallons of paint a day.
- to keep operating or going, as a machine: They ran the presses 24 hours a day.
- to keep (a motor) idling for an indefinite period: On cold days he would run the car motor to prevent stalling.
- to allow (a ship, automobile, etc.) to depart from a safe, proper, or given route, as by negligence or error: He ran the ship aground. She ran the car up on the curb.
- to sponsor, support, or nominate (a person) as a candidate for election.
- to manage or conduct: to run a business; to run one's own life.
- to process (the instructions in a program) by computer.
- (in some games, as billiards) to continue or complete a series of successful strokes, shots, or the like.
- [Cards.]to lead a series (of one's assured tricks or winners in a given suit): He ran the heart suit before leading spades.
- to expose oneself to or be exposed to (a chance, risk, etc.): Through his habitual lateness he ran the danger of being fired.
- to cause (a liquid) to flow: to run the water for a bath.
- to fill (a tub or bath) with water: She ran a hot tub for him.
- to give forth or flow with (a liquid);
pour forth or discharge: The well ran 500 barrels of oil daily.
- to charge (an item or items) as on a charge account or to accumulate (bills) to be paid all at one time: He ran a large monthly tab at the club.
- to cause to move easily, freely, or smoothly: to run a rope in a pulley.
- [Golf.]to cause (a golf ball) to move forward along the ground after landing from a stroke: He ran his ball seven feet past the hole.
- to sew or use a running stitch: to run a seam.
- to cause stitches in (a garment or fabric) to unravel or come undone: to run a stocking on a protruding nail.
- to bring, lead, or force into a certain state or condition: He ran his troops into an ambush. They ran themselves into debt.
- to drive, force, or thrust: to run a nail into a board; to run one's head against a wall; to run one's hand into one's pocket.
- to graze;
pasture: They run sixty head of cattle on their ranch.
- to extend (something) in a particular direction or to a given point or place: to run a partition across a room; to run a telephone cable from Boston to Buffalo.
- [Carpentry.]to make (millwork) from boards.
- to cause to fuse and flow, as metal for casting in a mold.
- to draw, trace, or mark out, as a line: to run a line over a surface; to run a line through a word.
- to cost (an amount or approximate amount): This watch runs $30.
- to cost (a person) an amount or approximate amount: The car repair will run you a couple of hundred at least.
- run across, to meet or find accidentally: She ran across an old friend at the party. He ran across her name in the phone book.
- run afoul of:
- [Naut.]to collide with so as to cause damage and entanglement.
- to incur or become subject to the wrath or ill will of: to run afoul of the law; He argued with his father and has run afoul of him ever since.
- run after:
- to follow;
chase: The dog ran after the burglar.
- to pursue or court the affections of, esp. in an aggressive manner: He ran after her until she agreed to marry him.
- to attempt to become friendly with or part of the society of: He runs after the country-club set.
- run along, to leave;
go on one's way: I have to run along now, but I'll see you tonight. Run along—can't you see I'm busy?
- run around:
- (often fol. by with) to socialize;
consort with: She runs around with the strangest people.
- to be unfaithful to one's spouse or lover: It was common knowledge that he was running around.
- run away:
- to flee or escape;
leave a place of confinement or control with the intention of never returning: He ran away from home three times.
- [Naut.]to haul on a line by walking or running steadily.
- run away with:
- to go away with, esp. to elope with: She ran away with a sailor.
- to abscond with;
steal: to run away with some valuable jewelry.
- to surpass others in;
be outstanding in: to run away with academic honors.
- to overwhelm;
get the better of: Sometimes his enthusiasm runs away with him.
- run down:
- to strike and fell or overturn, esp. to drive a vehicle into (someone): to run down an innocent pedestrian.
- to pursue until captured;
chase: The detective swore that he would run down the criminal.
- to peruse;
review: His eyes ran down the front row and stopped suddenly.
- to cease operation;
stop: My watch has run down.
- to speak disparagingly of;
criticize severely: The students were always running down their math teacher.
- to search out;
find: to run down information.
- [Baseball.]to tag out (a base runner) between bases.
- [Naut.]to collide with and sink (another vessel).
- [Naut.]to sail closely parallel to (a coast).
- run for it, to hurry away or flee, esp. to evade something: You had better run for it before anyone else arrives.
- run in:
- to visit casually: If I'm in the neighborhood, I may run in for a few minutes.
- to include in a text, as something to be inserted.
- [Slang.]to arrest;
take to jail: They ran him in for burglary.
- [Print.]to add (matter) to text without indenting.
- to break in (new machinery).
- run in place:
- to go through the motions of running without leaving one's original place.
- to exist or work without noticeable change, progress, or improvement.
- run into:
- to crash into;
collide with: She was so sleepy that she ran into a lamppost.
- to meet accidentally: You never know whom you'll run into at a big party.
- to amount to;
total: losses that ran into millions of dollars.
- to succeed;
follow: One year ran into the next, and still there was no change.
- to experience;
encounter: The project ran into difficulty.
- run in with, [Naut.]to sail close to (a coast, vessel, etc.).
- run off:
- to leave quickly;
- to create or perform rapidly or easily: to run off a new song.
- to determine the winner of (a contest, race, etc.) by a runoff.
- to drive away;
expel: to run someone off one's property.
- to print or otherwise duplicate: Please run off 500 copies.
- run off with:
- to abscond with (something);
steal or borrow;
take: He ran off with the money. Who ran off with the pencil sharpener?
- to elope: I hear she ran off with the Smith boy.
- run on:
- to continue without interruption: The account that he gave ran on at some length.
- [Print.]to add (matter) to text without indenting.
- to add something, as at the end of a text: to run on an adverb to a dictionary entry.
- run out:
- to terminate;
expire: My subscription ran out last month. Time ran out before we could score another touchdown.
- to become used up: His money soon ran out.
- to drive out;
expel: They want to run him out of the country.
- run out of, to exhaust a quantity or supply of: She couldn't bake a cake because she had run out of sugar.
- run out of gas, [Informal.]
- to exhaust or lose one's energy, enthusiasm, etc.: After the first game of tennis, I ran out of gas and had to rest.
- to falter for lack of impetus, ideas, capital, etc.: The economic recovery seems to be running out of gas.
- run out on, to withdraw one's support from;
abandon: No one could accuse him of running out on his friends.
- run over:
- to hit and knock down, esp. with a vehicle: She cried inconsolably when her cat was run over by a car.
- to go beyond;
exceed: His speech ran over the time limit.
- to repeat;
review: We'll run over that song again.
- to overflow, as a vessel.
- run scared, to be thrown into a state of fear or uncertainty because of a perceived threat;
be apprehensive about survival or the future: Many businesses are running scared because of increasing competition.
- run through:
- to pierce or stab, as with a sword: to run someone through.
- to consume or use up recklessly;
squander: to run through a fortune.
- to practice, review, or rehearse quickly or informally: to run through a scene.
- run up:
- to sew rapidly: She ran up some curtains.
- to amass;
incur: running up huge debts.
- to cause to increase;
raise: to run up costs unnecessarily.
- to build, esp. hurriedly: They are tearing down old tenement blocks and running up skyscrapers.
- run with, [Informal.]
- to proceed or go ahead with: If the stockholders like the idea, we'll run with it.
- to carry out with enthusiasm or speed.
- an act or instance, or a period of running: a five-minute run before breakfast.
- a hurrying to or from some point, as on an errand: a run to reach the store before it closes.
- a fleeing, esp. in great haste;
flight: a run from the police who were hot on his trail.
- a running pace: The boys set out at a run.
- an act or instance or a period of moving rapidly, as in a boat or automobile: a run to shore before the storm.
- distance covered, as by racing, running, or during a trip: a three-mile run.
- an act or instance or a period of traveling or moving between two places;
trip: a truck on its daily run from farm to market; a nonstop run from Louisville to Memphis.
- a single instance of carrying out the sequence of instructions in a program.
- [Golf.]the distance that a golf ball moves along the ground after landing from a stroke: He got a seven-foot run with his chip shot.
- a quick trip for a short stay at a place: to take a run up to New York.
- See bomb run.
- any portion of a military flight during which the aircraft flies directly toward the target in order to begin its attack: a strafing run.
- the rapid movement, under its own power, of an aircraft on a runway, water, or another surface.
- a routine flight from one place to another: the evening run from New York to London.
- beat (def. 52b).
- an interval or period during which something, as a machine, operates or continues operating: They kept each press in the plant on a 14-hour run.
- the amount of anything produced in such a period: a daily run of 400,000 gallons of paint.
- a line or place in knitted work where a series of stitches have slipped out or come undone: a run in a stocking.
- onward movement, development, progress, course, etc.: the run of our business from a small store to a large chain.
- the direction of something or of its component elements: the run of the grain of wood.
- the particular course, order, or tendency of something: the normal run of events.
- freedom to move around in, pass through, or use something: to allow one's guests the run of the house.
- any rapid or easy course of progress: a run from trainee to supervisor.
- a continuous series of performances, as of a play: a long run on Broadway.
- an uninterrupted course of some state or condition;
a spell: a run of good luck; a run of good weather.
- a continuous extent of something, as a vein of ore.
- an uninterrupted series or sequence of things, events, etc.: a run of 30 scoreless innings.
- a sequence of cards in a given suit: a heart run.
- [Cribbage.]a sequence of three or more cards in consecutive denominations without regard to suits.
- any extensive continued demand, sale, or the like: a run on umbrellas on a rainy day.
- a series of sudden and urgent demands for payment, as on a bank.
- a period of being in demand or favor with the public: Her last book had a briefer run than her first.
- a period during which liquid flows: They kept each oil well on an eight-hour run.
- the amount that flows during such a period: a run of 500 barrels a day.
- a small stream;
- a flow or rush, as of water: The snow melting on the mountains caused a run of water into the valley.
- a kind or class, as of goods: a superior run of blouses.
- the typical, ordinary, or average kind: The run of 19th-century novels tends to be of a sociological nature.
- an inclined course, as on a slope, designed or used for a specific purpose: a bobsled run; a run for training beginning skiers.
- a fairly large enclosure within which domestic animals may move about freely;
runway: a chicken run.
- [Australian.]a large sheep ranch or area of grazing land.
- the beaten track or usual trail used by deer or other wild animals;
- a trough or pipe for water or the like.
- the movement of a number of fish upstream or inshore from deep water.
- large numbers of fish in motion, esp. inshore from deep water or up a river for spawning: a run of salmon.
- a number of animals moving together.
- [Music.]a rapid succession of tones;
- [Building Trades.]
- the horizontal distance between the face of a wall and the ridge of a roof.
- the distance between the first and last risers of a flight of steps or staircase.
- the horizontal distance between successive risers on a flight of steps or a staircase.
- [Baseball.]the score unit made by safely running around all the bases and reaching home plate.
- a series of successful shots, strokes, or the like, in a game.
- [Naut.]the immersed portion of a hull abaft the middle body (opposed to entrance).
- the runs, (used with a singular or plural v.)[Informal.]diarrhea.
- a run for one's money:
- close or keen competition: The out-of-town team gave us a run for our money.
- enjoyment or profit in return for one's expense: This may not be the best tool kit, but it will give you a run for your money.
- in the long run, in the course of long experience;
in the end: Retribution will come, in the long run.
- in the short run, as an immediate or temporary outcome: Recession may be averted in the short run if policy changes are made now.
- on the run:
- moving quickly;
hurrying about: He's so busy, he's always on the run.
- while running or in a hurry: I usually eat breakfast on the run.
- escaping or hiding from the police: He was on the run for two years.
- melted or liquefied: run butter.
- poured in a melted state;
run into and cast in a mold: run bronze.
Howdy folks, this attachment is about Good Ice House Dallas #5 Katy Trail Area Of Uptown Dallas Is A Beautiful Semi Private Trail That Runs Throughout Uptown. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 640 x 480. It's file size is just 83 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your computer, you should Click here. You might too see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: Ice House Dallas.
Is be sure when altering your Good Ice House Dallas #5 Katy Trail Area Of Uptown Dallas Is A Beautiful Semi Private Trail That Runs Throughout Uptown, that there will be no issues with the code workplace. Minute, get an office wall was lined with the color you desire. It'd be better for you to choose basic shades is not that heavy in case you have a tiny workplace.
Moreover, you will get a wall with decorations. Hanging a picture onto it can does this. Using this method an improved environment will be absolutely maintained by it. Next, get your office by setting a corner or table with pockets or compartments structured include more. It'll be more easy to enhance for those who have a larger office. A cozy and nice sofa may be the best supplement to it.
It'd be simpler for those who have a more substantial workplace. Subsequently after that you could include goods practical to really get your office with designs like home. Items including lights showcases, vases and will affect inside your office design.