Basebase1 (bās),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., based, bas•ing.
- the bottom support of anything;
that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
- a fundamental principle or groundwork;
basis: the base of needed reforms.
- the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
- the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. See diag. under column.
- the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
- [Bot., Zool.]
- the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment.
- the point of attachment.
- the principal element or ingredient of anything, considered as its fundamental part: face cream with a lanolin base; paint with a lead base.
- that from which a commencement, as of action or reckoning, is made;
a starting point or point of departure.
- any of the four corners of the diamond, esp. first, second, or third base. Cf. home plate.
- a square canvas sack containing sawdust or some other light material, for marking first, second, or third base.
- a starting line or point for runners, racing cars, etc.
- (in hockey and other games) the goal.
- a fortified or more or less protected area or place from which the operations of an army or an air force proceed.
- a supply installation for a large military force.
- [Geom.]the line or surface forming the part of a figure that is most nearly horizontal or on which it is supposed to stand.
- the number that serves as a starting point for a logarithmic or other numerical system.
- a collection of subsets of a topological space having the property that every open set in the given topology can be written as the union of sets of the collection.
- a collection of neighborhoods of a point such that every neighborhood of the point contains one from the collection.
- a collection of sets of a given filter such that every set in the filter is contained in some set in the collection.
- Also called base line. See under triangulation (def. 1).
- vehicle (def. 10).
- Also called carrier. inert matter, used in the preparation of lakes, onto which a coloring compound is precipitated.
- [Photog.]a thin, flexible layer of cellulose triacetate or similar material that holds the light-sensitive film emulsion and other coatings, esp. on motion-picture film.
- a compound that reacts with an acid to form a salt, as ammonia, calcium hydroxide, or certain nitrogen-containing organic compounds.
- the hydroxide of a metal or of an electropositive element or group.
- a group or molecule that takes up or accepts protons.
- a molecule or ion containing an atom with a free pair of electrons that can be donated to an acid;
an electron-pair donor.
- any of the purine and pyrimidine compounds found in nucleic acids: the purines adenine and guanine and the pyrimidines cytosine, thymine, and uracil.
- the part of a complex word, consisting of one or more morphemes, to which derivational or inflectional affixes may be added, as want in unwanted or biolog- in biological. Cf. root1 (def. 11), stem 1 (def. 16).
- the component of a generative grammar containing the lexicon and phrase-structure rules that generate the deep structure of sentences.
- an electrode or terminal on a transistor other than the emitter or collector electrodes or terminals.
- the part of an incandescent lamp or electron tube that includes the terminals for making electrical connection to a circuit or power supply.
- the level at which a security ceases a decline in price.
- the lower part of an escutcheon.
- bases, [Armor.]a tonlet formed of two shaped steel plates assembled side by side.
- pavilion (def. 6).
- get to first base. See first base (def. 2).
- in base, in the lower part of an escutcheon.
- off base:
- [Baseball.]not touching a base: The pitcher caught him off base and, after a quick throw, he was put out by the second baseman.
- [Informal.]badly mistaken: The police were way off base when they tried to accuse her of the theft.
- on base, [Baseball.]having reached a base or bases: Two men are on base.
- touch base with, to make contact with: They've touched base with every political group on campus.
- serving as or forming a base: The walls will need a base coat and two finishing coats.
- to make or form a base or foundation for.
- to establish, as a fact or conclusion (usually fol. by on or upon): He based his assumption of her guilt on the fact that she had no alibi.
- to place or establish on a base or basis;
found (usually fol. by on or upon): Our plan is based on a rising economy.
- to station, place, or situate (usually fol. by at or on): He is based at Fort Benning. The squadron is based on a carrier.
- to have a basis;
be based (usually fol. by on or upon): Fluctuating prices usually base on a fickle public's demand.
- to have or maintain a base: I believe they had based on Greenland at one time.
Paypay1 (pā),USA pronunciation v., paid or ([Obs.]except for defs. 12, 24c. ) payed;
- to settle (a debt, obligation, etc.), as by transferring money or goods, or by doing something: Please pay your bill.
- to give over (a certain amount of money) in exchange for something: He paid twenty dollars for the shirt.
- to transfer money as compensation or recompense for work done or services rendered;
to satisfy the claims of (a person, organization, etc.), as by giving money due: He paid me for my work.
- to defray (cost or expense).
- to give compensation for.
- to yield a recompense or return to;
be profitable to: Your training will pay you well in the future.
- to yield as a return: The stock paid six percent last year.
- to requite, as for good, harm, or an offense: How can I pay her for her kindness and generosity?
- to give or render (attention, respects, compliments, etc.), as if due or fitting.
- to make (a call, visit, etc.).
- to suffer in retribution;
undergo: You'll pay the penalty for your stubbornness!
- to let (a ship) fall off to leeward.
- to transfer money, goods, etc., as in making a purchase or settling a debt.
- to discharge a debt or obligation.
- to yield a return, profit, or advantage;
be worthwhile: It pays to be courteous.
- to give compensation, as for damage or loss sustained.
- to suffer or be punished for something: The murderer paid with his life.
- pay as you go:
- to pay for (goods, services, etc.) at the time of purchase, as opposed to buying on credit.
- to spend no more than income permits;
keep out of debt.
- to pay income tax by regular deductions from one's salary or wages.
- pay back:
- to repay or return: to pay back a loan.
- to retaliate against or punish: She paid us back by refusing the invitation.
- to requite.
- pay down:
- to pay (part of the total price) at the time of purchase, with the promise to pay the balance in installments: On this plan you pay only ten percent down.
- to pay off or back;
amortize: The company's debt is being paid down rapidly.
- pay for, to suffer or be punished for: to pay for one's sins.
- pay off:
- to pay (someone) everything that is due that person, esp. to do so and discharge from one's employ.
- to pay (a debt) in full.
- [Informal.]to bribe.
- to retaliate upon or punish.
- [Naut.]to fall off to leeward.
- to result in success or failure: The risk paid off handsomely.
- pay one's or its way:
- to pay one's portion of shared expenses.
- to yield a return on one's investment sufficient to repay one's expenses: It will take time for the restaurant to begin paying its way.
- pay out:
- to distribute (money, wages, etc.);
- to get revenge upon for an injury;
- to let out (a rope) by slackening.
- pay up:
- to pay fully.
- to pay on demand: The gangsters used threats of violence to force the shopkeepers to pay up.
- the act of paying or being paid;
- wages, salary, or a stipend.
- a person with reference to solvency or reputation for meeting obligations: The bank regards him as good pay.
- paid employment: in the pay of the enemy.
- reward or punishment;
- a rock stratum from which petroleum is obtained.
- requiring subscribed or monthly payment for use or service: pay television.
- operable or accessible on deposit of a coin or coins: a pay toilet.
- of or pertaining to payment.
Chartchart (chärt),USA pronunciation n.
- a sheet exhibiting information in tabular form.
- a graphic representation, as by curves, of a dependent variable, as temperature, price, etc.;
- a map, esp. a hydrographic or marine map.
- an outline map showing special conditions or facts: a weather chart.
- horoscope (def. 1).
- [Jazz.]a musical arrangement.
- the charts, ratings of the popularity of popular-music records, usually based on nationwide sales for a given week: Their album is number three on the charts this week.
- to make a chart of.
- to plan: to chart a course of action.
- to rank in the charts: The new song gets charted number four this week.
Hi there, this picture is about Base Pay Chart (charming Dfas Pay Tables #10). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 735 x 445. It's file size is just 123 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might also download more attachments by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Dfas Pay Tables.
Base Pay Chart (charming Dfas Pay Tables #10) Collection are not for everybody, but chances are you enjoy modern rooms, if you have an understanding of the wonderful lines in artwork and structure. Today, you most likely don't understand how to develop an ideal contemporary room arrangement and you may believe it is something that the developer celebrities are responsible for, but you can also feel your home for it, having a little purchasing cautiously.
Most of the time, you should think about today's room like creating your bedroom like a museum set. The bedroom collection that is modern allows a modern art gallery to be created by you within your room.
As this will be the biggest market of your room memorial show, you must focus on the bed, oneself. Things to seek out in a Base Pay Chart (charming Dfas Pay Tables #10) Set are different hues and sleek models. Generally modern room sets' color will soon be bright, black and crimson. It may mean dark wood, bright mattress and accent pillows. Or you can seek out room packages with material structures, black mattresses and white glass features in the head of the sleep.
There are various possibilities to own this different coloring to become the primary for your room agreement. Next look at the items of service furniture you'll need inside your bedroom. It is possible you'll find a complete contemporary bedroom set that's all the stuff you have to complete the design you desire for the room. Before shopping, you should produce a set of the items you'll need, to own most of the storage you want, as well as items of other feature furniture that can enhance the look you strive at.
Remember, following function while in the form of modern furniture, the portions are obviously willing to do their career, nevertheless the sensation of the memorial is available in the fact that they lack the more opulent style ornaments. Alternatively, the bed room packages are contemporary and also the furniture is clean and clear indesign and is frequently a signature slice that may possibly work with others or endure on its own.
Again this Base Pay Chart (charming Dfas Pay Tables #10) Collection should suit the contemporary content and color scheme of glass highlights and black or white lumber, steel. You may find a really item that is modern plus a dressing table with gold steel decorations which will provide a really pointed look.