Underun•der (un′dər),USA pronunciation prep.
- beneath and covered by: under a table; under a tree.
- below the surface of: under water; under the skin.
- at a point or position lower or further down than: He was hit just under his eye.
- in the position or state of bearing, supporting, sustaining, enduring, etc.: to sink under a heavy load.
- beneath the heading or within the category of: Classify the books under "Fiction'' and "General.''
- as designated, indicated, or represented by: to register under a new name.
- below in degree, amount, etc.;
less than: purchased under cost.
- below in rank;
of less dignity, importance, or the like: A corporal is under a sergeant.
- subject to the authority, direction, or supervision of: a bureau functioning under the prime minister.
- subject to the instruction or advice of: to study the violin under Heifetz.
- subject to the influence, condition, force, etc., of: under these circumstances; born under the sign of Taurus.
- protected, controlled, or watched by: under guard.
- authorized, warranted, or attested by: under one's hand or seal.
- in accordance with: under the provisions of the law.
- during the rule, administration, or government of: new laws passed under President Reagan.
- in the state or process of: under repair; a matter under consideration.
- powered by the means indicated: under sail; under steam.
- under wraps. See wrap (def. 16).
- below or beneath something: Go over the fence, not under.
- beneath the surface.
- in a lower place.
- in a lower degree, amount, etc.: selling blouses for $25 and under.
- in a subordinate position or condition.
- in or into subjection or submission.
- go under:
- to give in;
yield: She tried desperately to fight off her drowsiness, but felt herself going under.
- to fail in business: After 20 years on the same corner they finally went under.
- beneath or on the underside: the under threads of the embroidery.
- lower in position.
- lower in degree, amount, etc.
- lower in rank or condition.
- subject to the control, effect, etc., as of a person, drug, or force: The hypnotist had her subject under at once. The patient was under as soon as he breathed the anesthetic.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Footfoot (fŏŏt),USA pronunciation n., pl. feet for 1–4, 8–11, 16, 19, 21;
foots for 20;
- (in vertebrates) the terminal part of the leg, below the ankle joint, on which the body stands and moves.
- (in invertebrates) any part similar in position or function.
- such a part considered as the organ of locomotion.
- a unit of length, originally derived from the length of the human foot. It is divided into 12 inches and equal to 30.48 centimeters. Abbr.: ft., f.
- foot soldiers;
- walking or running motion;
pace: swift of foot.
- quality or character of movement or motion;
- any part or thing resembling a foot, as in function, placement, shape, etc.
- a shaped or ornamented feature terminating a leg at its lower part.
- any of several short legs supporting a central shaft, as of a pedestal table.
- a rim, flange, or flaring part, often distinctively treated, serving as a base for a table furnishing or utensil, as a glass, teapot, or candlestick.
- the part of a stocking, sock, etc., covering the foot.
- the lowest part, or bottom, of anything, as of a hill, ladder, page, etc.
- a supporting part;
- the part of anything opposite the top or head: He waited patiently at the foot of the checkout line.
- the end of a bed, grave, etc., toward which the feet are placed: Put the blanket at the foot of the bed, please.
- the part of the type body that forms the sides of the groove, at the base. See diag. under type.
- the last, as of a series.
- that which is written at the bottom, as the total of an account.
- [Pros.]a group of syllables constituting a metrical unit of a verse.
- Usually, foots.
- sediment or dregs.
- the lower edge of a sail.
- get off on the right or wrong foot, to begin favorably or unfavorably: He got off on the wrong foot with a tactless remark about his audience.
- get or have a or one's foot in the door, to succeed in achieving an initial stage or step.
- have one foot in the grave. See grave 1 (def. 5).
- on foot, by walking or running, rather than by riding.
- put one's best foot forward:
- to attempt to make as good an impression as possible.
- to proceed with all possible haste;
- put one's foot down, to take a firm stand;
be decisive or determined.
- put one's foot in it or into it, [Informal.]to make an embarrassing blunder. Also, put one's foot in or into one's mouth.
- set foot on or in, to go on or into;
enter: Don't set foot in this office again!
- under foot, in the way: That cat is always under foot when I'm getting dinner.
- to walk;
go on foot (often fol. by it): We'll have to foot it.
- to move the feet rhythmically, as to music or in dance (often fol. by it).
- (of vessels) to move forward;
sail: to foot briskly across the open water.
- to walk or dance on: footing the cobblestones of the old city.
- to perform (a dance): cavaliers footing a galliard.
- to traverse on or as if on foot.
- to make or attach a foot to: to foot a stocking.
- to pay or settle: I always end up footing the bill.
- to add (a column of figures) and set the sum at the foot (often fol. by up).
- to seize with talons, as a hawk.
- to establish.
- [Archaic.]to kick, esp. to kick away.
- [Obs.]to set foot on.
Hi folks, this attachment is about Under Desk Foot Rest. Zoom (marvelous Foot Rest For Under Desk #1). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 993 x 993. It's file size is only 52 KB. Wether You desired to save It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You also too see more photos by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Foot Rest For Under Desk.
The Under Desk Foot Rest. Zoom (marvelous Foot Rest For Under Desk #1) could be the primary furniture in a bedroom, which assisted decide the spotlight house. The wall behind the sleep, where the head is often place by us, is actually an aside substantial potential to become resulted in an attractive facet. By the addition of a to process them on the brain of the mattress, one of the ways is or even the prejudice is called the headboard.
Produce a headboard itself results are not less good with headboard offered in retailers. By rendering it oneself, you be able to modify the headboard together with the experience of one's place and can communicate imagination. Here are some tips.
Foot Rest For Under Desk is one of the pretty things for your bedroom. Their headboard on your own mattress can make ailments more comfortable, however the mattresses tend to be air -headboard is quite expensive. As there are various ways to create a headboard price isn't expensive and you can DIY you don't must fear.
Pull Walls As Headboard: for many who possess a tiny room place, the idea is quite suitable for you. You can get a brand new sense for the space but didn't happen by drawingroom wall. Wallpaper With Frame: Perhaps theme wallpaper too congested it can be used by you like a picture headboard, if put on the whole wall of the room. You provides the wooden frame for the base of the wall color being an obstacle and simply keep wallpaper on some walls.