Bestbest (best),USA pronunciation adj., [superl. of]good [with]better [as compar.]
- of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
- most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
most: the best part of a day.
adv., [superl. of]well [with]better [as compar.]
- most excellently or suitably;
with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
- in or to the highest degree;
most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
- as best one can, in the best way possible under the circumstances: We tried to smooth over the disagreement as best we could.
- had best, would be wisest or most reasonable to;
ought to: You had best phone your mother to tell her where you are going.
- something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
- a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
- a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
- a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
- the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
- the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
- a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.
- all for the best, for the good as the final result;
to an ultimate advantage: At the time it was hard to realize how it could be all for the best.Also, for the best.
- at best, under the most favorable circumstances: You may expect to be treated civilly, at best.
- get or have the best of:
- to gain the advantage over.
- to defeat;
subdue: His arthritis gets the best of him from time to time.
- make the best of, to cope with in the best way possible: to make the best of a bad situation.
- with the best, on a par with the most capable: He can play bridge with the best.
- to get the better of;
beat: He easily bested his opponent in hand-to-hand combat. She bested me in the argument.
Wayway1 (wā),USA pronunciation n.
- manner, mode, or fashion: a new way of looking at a matter; to reply in a polite way.
- characteristic or habitual manner: Her way is to work quietly and never complain.
- a method, plan, or means for attaining a goal: to find a way to reduce costs.
- a respect or particular: The plan is defective in several ways.
- a direction or vicinity: Look this way. We're having a drought out our way.
- passage or progress on a course: to make one's way on foot; to lead the way.
- Often, ways. distance: They've come a long way.
- a path or course leading from one place to another: What's the shortest way to town?
- an old Roman or pre-Roman road: Icknield Way.
- a minor street in a town: He lives in Stepney Way.
- a road, route, passage, or channel (usually used in combination): highway; waterway; doorway.
- a right of way.
- any line of passage or travel, used or available: to blaze a way through dense woods.
- space for passing or advancing: to clear a way through the crowd.
- Often, ways. a habit or custom: The grandmother lived by the ways of the old country.
- course or mode of procedure that one chooses or wills: They had to do it my way.
- condition, as to health, prosperity, or the like: to be in a bad way.
- range or extent of experience or notice: the best device that ever came in my way.
- a course of life, action, or experience: The way of transgressors is hard.
- business: to be in the haberdashery way.
- ways, two or more ground ways down which a hull slides in being launched.
- movement or passage through the water.
- [Mach.]a longitudinal strip, as in a planer, guiding a moving part along a surface.
- by the way, in the course of one's remarks;
incidentally: By the way, have you received that letter yet?
- by way of:
- by the route of;
- as a method or means of: to number articles by way of distinguishing them.
- in the state or position of (being, doing, etc.);
ostensibly: He is by way of being an authority on the subject.
- come one's way, to come to one;
befall one: A bit of good fortune came my way.
- give way:
- to withdraw or retreat: The army gave way before the advance of the enemy.
- to collapse;
break down: You will surely give way under the strain of overwork.
- give way to:
- to yield to: He gave way to their entreaties.
- to become unrestrained or uninhibited;
lose control of (one's temper, emotions, etc.): I gave way to my rage and ordered them from the house.
- go all the way:
- to do completely or wholeheartedly.
- to take a decisive action, esp. one from which no retreat is possible: Neither side wants to go all the way with nuclear warfare.
- to engage in sexual intercourse.
- go out of one's way, to do something that inconveniences one;
make an unusual effort: Please don't go out of your way on my account.
- have a way with, to have a charming, persuasive, or effective manner of dealing with: He has a way with children; to have a way with words.
- have one's way with, (esp. of a man) to have sexual intercourse with, sometimes by intimidating or forcing one's partner.
- in a family way, pregnant.
- in a way, after a fashion;
to some extent: In a way, she's the nicest person I know.
- in someone's way, forming a hindrance, impediment, or obstruction: She might have succeeded in her ambition, had not circumstances been in her way.Also, in the way.
- lead the way:
- to go along a course in advance of others, as a guide.
- to take the initiative;
be first or most prominent: In fashion she has always led the way.
- make one's way:
- to go forward;
proceed: to make one's way through the mud.
- to achieve recognition or success;
advance: to make one's way in the world.
- make way:
- to allow to pass;
clear the way: Make way for the king!
- to relinquish to another;
withdraw: He resigned to make way for a younger man.
- [Naut.]to make forward or astern progress even though engines are not running.
- no way, not under any circumstances;
no: Apologize to him? No way!
- out of the way:
- in a state or condition so as not to obstruct or hinder.
- dealt with;
disposed of: I feel better, now that one problem is out of the way.
- murdered: to have a person put out of the way.
- out of the frequented way;
at a distance from the usual route.
amiss: There was something decidedly out of the way about her explanation.
unusual: Such behavior was out of the way for him.
- pave the way to or for. See pave (def. 2).
- see one's way clear, to regard as suitable or possible;
consider seriously: We couldn't see our way clear to spending so much money at once.Also, see one's way.
- take one's way, to start out;
go: He took his way across the park and headed uptown.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Cleanclean (klēn),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, v.
- free from dirt;
unstained: She bathed and put on a clean dress.
- free from foreign or extraneous matter: clean sand.
- free from pollution;
pure: clean air; clean water.
- habitually free of dirt: Cats are considered clean animals.
- characterized by a fresh, wholesome quality: the clean smell of pine.
- free from all writing or marking: a clean sheet of paper.
- having few or no corrections;
easily readable: The publisher demanded clean proofs from the printer.
- free from roughness or irregularity: He made a clean cut with a razor.
- not ornate;
forceful and simple;
streamlined: a clean literary style; the clean lines of a ship.
unqualified: a clean break with tradition.
- morally pure;
honorable: to lead a clean life.
- showing good sportsmanship;
fair: a clean fighter.
- inoffensive in language or content;
- (of a document, record, etc.) bearing no marks of discreditable or unlawful conduct;
listing no offenses: a clean driver's license.
- innocent of any crime.
- not having a criminal record.
- carrying or containing no evidence of unlawful activity or intent, as controlled substances, unlicensed weapons, or contraband: The agents searched the car for drugs, but it was clean.
- not using narcotics.
- (of a nuclear weapon) producing little or no radioactive fallout.
- not radioactive.
- (of a document or financial instrument) free from qualifications or restrictions: a clean bill of lading.
- free from defects or flaws: a clean diamond.
- free from encumbrances or obstructions.
- neatly or evenly made or proportioned;
trim: a clean profile.
- made without any unanticipated difficulty or interference: The bank robbers made a clean getaway.
- [Chiefly Biblical.]having no physical or moral blemish or carrying no taboo so as to make impure according to the laws, esp. the dietary or ceremonial laws: a clean animal; clean persons.
- dexterously performed;
adroit: a clean serve in tennis.
- (of a jump over an obstacle) made without touching the obstacle.
- having no direct associations, business interests, etc., that could prejudice one's official acts or decisions: The new governor is clean because he's sold his construction business and doesn't owe political favors to anyone.
- without money or funds.
- (of wine) having a taste that is unusually refreshing and smooth.
- (of an anchorage, harbor, etc.) free of obstructions or hazards (opposed to foul).
- (of the legs of a horse) free from injury or blemish, as capped hocks, splints, or scars.
- [Foreign Exchange.](of currency floats) not influenced by exchange-rate manipulation (opposed to dirty).
- in a clean manner;
cleanly: Nobody wants to box with him because he doesn't fight clean.
- so as to be clean: This shirt will never wash clean.
quite: The sharp carving knife sliced clean through the roast. In a year, he had gone clean through his inheritance.
- clean full, [Naut.]
- (of a sail or sails) filled with wind;
- (of a sailing vessel) with all sails full of wind;
- come clean, [Slang.]to tell the truth, esp. to admit one's guilt.
- to make clean: Clean those dirty shoes.
- to remove or consume the contents of;
clear: She sat down to dinner ravenous and within five minutes had cleaned her plate.
- to dry-clean.
- to remove the entrails and other inedible parts from (poultry, fish, etc.);
- to take away or win all or almost all the money or possessions of (often fol. by out): The cards were marked and I got cleaned.
- to remove the seams from (a casting) by filing or grinding.
- [Philately.]to delete intentionally the cancellation from (a postage or revenue stamp).
- to perform or undergo a process of cleaning: This kind of fabric cleans easily. Detergents clean better than most soaps.
- to get rid of dirt, soil, etc. (often fol. by up): to spend the morning cleaning.
- clean house, to wipe out corruption, inefficiency, etc., as in an organization: It's time for the city government to clean house.
- clean out:
- to empty in order to straighten or clean.
- to use up;
exhaust: He had cleaned out his savings.
- to drive out by force.
- to empty or rid (a place) of occupants, contents, etc.: Eager customers cleaned out the store on the first day of the sale. The thief cleaned out the safe.
- [Slang.]to cause to lose all or almost all one's money or possessions.
- clean up:
- to wash or tidy up.
- to rid of undesirable persons or features: They cleaned up the local bars.
- to put an end to;
finish: to clean up yesterday's chores.
- to make a large profit: They cleaned up in the stock market.
- clean up one's act. See act (def. 10).
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Homehome (hōm),USA pronunciation n., adj., adv., v., homed, hom•ing.
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
- any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
- a person's native place or own country.
- (in games) the destination or goal.
- a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
- [Baseball.]See home plate.
- [Lacrosse.]one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.
- at home:
- in one's own house or place of residence.
- in one's own town or country.
- prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
- in a situation familiar to one;
at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
proficient: to be at home in the classics.
- played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away.
- of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country;
domestic: home products.
- principal or main: the corporation's home office.
- reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.Cf. away (def. 14).
- to, toward, or at home: to go home.
to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
- to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
- into the position desired;
perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
- in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
- toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
- bring home to, to make evident to;
clarify or emphasize for: The irrevocability of her decision was brought home to her.
- home and dry, having safely achieved one's goal.
- home free:
- assured of finishing, accomplishing, succeeding, etc.: If we can finish more than half the work today, we'll be home free.
- certain to be successfully finished, accomplished, secured, etc.: With most of the voters supporting it, the new law is home free.
- write home about, to comment especially on;
remark on: The town was nothing to write home about. His cooking is really something to write home about.
- to go or return home.
- (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
- to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
- to have a home where specified;
- to bring or send home.
- to provide with a home.
- to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.
Worldworld (wûrld),USA pronunciation n.
- the earth or globe, considered as a planet.
- (often cap.) a particular division of the earth: the Western world.
- the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period: the ancient world.
the human race;
humanity: The world must eliminate war and poverty.
- the public generally: The whole world knows it.
- the class of persons devoted to the affairs, interests, or pursuits of this life: The world worships success.
- a particular class of people, with common interests, aims, etc.: the fashionable world.
- any sphere, realm, or domain, with all pertaining to it: a child's world; the world of dreams; the insect world.
- everything that exists;
- any complex whole conceived as resembling the universe: the world of the microcosm.
- one of the three general groupings of physical nature: animal world; mineral world; vegetable world.
- any period, state, or sphere of existence: this world; the world to come.
- Often, worlds. a great deal: That vacation was worlds of fun.
- any indefinitely great expanse.
- any heavenly body: the starry worlds.
- bring into the world:
- to give birth to;
bear: My grandmother brought nine children into the world.
- to deliver (a baby): the doctor brought many children into the world.
- come into the world, to be born: Her first child came into the world in June.
- for all the world:
- for any consideration, however great: She wouldn't come to visit us for all the world.
- in every respect;
precisely: You look for all the world like my Aunt Mary.
- in the world:
- at all;
ever: I never in the world would have believed such an obvious lie.
- from among all possibilities: Where in the world did you find that hat?
- on top of the world. See top 1 (def. 25).
- out of this or the world, exceptional;
fine: The chef prepared a roast duck that was out of this world.
- set the world on fire, to achieve great fame and success: He didn't seem to be the type to set the world on fire.
- think the world of, to like or admire greatly: His coworkers think the world of him.
- world without end, for all eternity;
Hello guys, this blog post is about Best Way To Clean Blinds #3 Home Tips World. This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1120 x 746. It's file size is just 129 KB. Wether You ought to download This attachment to Your computer, you may Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Best Way To Clean Blinds.
On picking a garden table ready-made tips. Furthermore, for all those of you who would like to obtain a park counter, look for charges to suit the budget-you have and needs. Along with the budget, it ought to be relied in determining the price is just a thought how often the garden bench you use. Regulate how big the chair and table types together with the measurement and design of one's backyard.
Choosing outside difficult, not just any Best Way To Clean Blinds #3 Home Tips World furniture may be added to the terrace or backyard. If any, inside a small amount of time the temperature will quickly damages the fit. Yard bedrooms are used often made from steel, bamboo, wood, a plastic, and rattan. This type of product is extremely challenging to find out whether when it comes to preservation. For instance made of lumber and metal, should not be exposed to rainfall or daylight straight. Since the product is simply destroyed. Seats are constructed with iron wherever possible, offered the type of quickly corroded then your artwork must be accomplished every particular time frame prevented.
Selecting a Best Way To Clean Blinds #3 Home Tips World has become a vital the main layout of the park as it is nowadays. In addition to operating being a chair, this can be the point of the playground when of view not inuse. Different types of yard beds tend to be located on the industry. But straightforward design and combination using the park's collection is the better choice.