Applyap•ply (ə plī′),USA pronunciation v., -plied, -ply•ing.
- to make use of as relevant, suitable, or pertinent: to apply a theory to a problem.
- to put to use, esp. for a particular purpose: to apply pressure to open a door.
- to bring into action;
employ: He applied the brakes and skidded to a stop.
- to use a label or other designation: Don't apply any such term to me.
- to use for or assign to a specific purpose: He applied a portion of his salary each week to savings.
- to put into effect: They applied the rules to new members only.
- to devote or employ diligently or with close attention: to apply one's mind to a problem; to apply oneself to a task.
- to place in contact with;
lay or spread on: to apply paint to a wall; to apply a bandage to a wound.
- to bring into physical contact with or close proximity to: to apply a match to gunpowder.
- to credit to, as an account: to apply $10 to his account at the store.
- to be pertinent, suitable, or relevant: The argument applies to the case. The theory doesn't apply.
- to make an application or request;
ask: to apply for a job; to apply for a raise.
- to lay or spread on: The plastic coating is easy to apply on any surface.
- to be placed or remain in contact: This paint doesn't apply very easily.
Compoundcom•pound1 (adj. kom′pound, kom pound′;n. kom′pound;
v. kəm pound′, kom′pound),USA pronunciation adj.
- composed of two or more parts, elements, or ingredients: Soap is a compound substance.
- having or involving two or more actions or functions: The mouth is a compound organ.
- of or pertaining to a compound sentence or compound-complex sentence.
- (of a word)
- consisting of two or more parts that are also bases, as housetop, many-sided, playact, or upon.
- consisting of any two or more parts that have identifiable meaning, as a base and a noninflectional affix (return, follower), a base and a combining form (biochemistry), two combining forms (ethnography), or a combining form and a noninflectional affix (aviary, dentoid).
- (of a verb tense) consisting of an auxiliary verb and a main verb, as are swimming, have spoken, or will write (opposed to simple).
- composed of several similar parts that combine to form a whole: a compound fruit.
- [Zool.]composed of a number of distinct individuals that are connected to form a united whole or colony, as coral.
- [Music.]of or pertaining to compound time.
- [Mach.]noting an engine or turbine expanding the same steam or the like in two successive chambers to do work at two ranges of pressure.
- something formed by compounding or combining parts, elements, etc.
- a pure substance composed of two or more elements whose composition is constant.
- a compound word, esp. one composed of two or more words that are otherwise unaltered, as moonflower or rainstorm.
- to put together into a whole;
combine: to compound drugs to form a new medicine.
- to make or form by combining parts, elements, etc.;
construct: to compound a new plan from parts of several former plans.
- to make up or constitute: all the organs and members that compound a human body.
- to settle or adjust by agreement, esp. for a reduced amount, as a debt.
- to agree, for a consideration, not to prosecute or punish a wrongdoer for: to compound a crime or felony.
- to pay (interest) on the accrued interest as well as the principal: My bank compounds interest quarterly.
- to increase or add to: The misery of his loneliness was now compounded by his poverty.
- to connect a portion of the field turns of (a direct-current dynamo) in series with the armature circuit.
- to make a bargain;
come to terms;
- to settle a debt, claim, etc., by compromise.
- to form a compound.
Puttyput•ty1 (put′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ties, v., -tied, -ty•ing.
- a compound of whiting and linseed oil, of a doughlike consistency when fresh, used to secure windowpanes, patch woodwork defects, etc.
- any of various other compounds used for similar purposes.
- any of various substances for sealing the joints of tubes or pipes, composed of linseed oil with red lead, white lead, iron oxide, etc.
- a creamy mixture of lime and water, partially dried and mixed with sand and plaster of Paris to make a finish plaster coat.
- See putty powder.
- any person or thing easily molded, influenced, etc.: We were putty in his hands.
- light brownish- or yellowish-gray.
- up to putty, [Australian Slang.]worthless or useless.
- to secure, cover, etc., with putty.
Knifeknife (nīf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. knives (nīvz),USA pronunciation v., knifed, knif•ing.
- an instrument for cutting, consisting essentially of a thin, sharp-edged, metal blade fitted with a handle.
- a knifelike weapon;
dagger or short sword.
- any blade for cutting, as in a tool or machine.
- under the knife, in surgery;
undergoing a medical operation: The patient was under the knife for four hours.
- to apply a knife to;
cut, stab, etc., with a knife.
- to attempt to defeat or undermine in a secret or underhanded way.
- to move or cleave through something with or as if with a knife: The ship knifed through the heavy seas.
Howdy there, this picture is about Apply Compound Using Putty Knife ( How To Apply Putty On Ceiling Good Ideas #2). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1216 x 912. It's file size is only 78 KB. Wether You desired to save This picture to Your computer, you have to Click here. You could too download more images by clicking the following photo or read more at here: How To Apply Putty On Ceiling.
The initial ideas for decorating the Apply Compound Using Putty Knife ( How To Apply Putty On Ceiling Good Ideas #2) are to create landscapes that are little. This miniature yard suggests a natural area that will be about the top of the house as being a small area with various types of crops that are gorgeous and able to identify a beautiful natural region. Then you can certainly additionally develop a town park without less wonderful view towards the area park, if you have been influenced from your location park.
Along with the little pool you may also make sebuaha small waterfall or possibly a little feature that's utilized with normal principles, such as the use of wood as a water flushed or by the utilization of stones, where the water will soon be proven more evidently also.
Some beautiful plants you can select like trees are vibrant blossoms tiny, and grasses that may meet up with the area place while in the park in front of your home. The idea that both Apply Compound Using Putty Knife ( How To Apply Putty On Ceiling Good Ideas #2) can be a park that's not necessarily natural. This implies style or a property backyard product that could utilize additional suggestions, which makes a small pool, which is not just a lot of use flowers that are natural, but simply to maximize electrical energy in it and the function of water.