Northnorth (nôrth),USA pronunciation n.
- a cardinal point of the compass, lying in the plane of the meridian and to the left of a person facing the rising sun. Abbr.: N
- the direction in which this point lies.
- (usually cap.) a region or territory situated in this direction.
- the North, the northern area of the United States, esp. the states that fought to preserve the Union in the Civil War, lying to the north of the Ohio River, and usually including Missouri and Maryland.
- (cap.) See North Country.
- the north wind.
- in, toward, or facing, the north: the north gate.
- directed or proceeding toward the north: a north course.
- coming from the north: a north wind.
- (usually cap.) designating the northern part of a region, nation, country, etc.: North Atlantic.
- to, toward, or in the north: sailing north.
Forkfork (fôrk),USA pronunciation n.
- an instrument having two or more prongs or tines, for holding, lifting, etc., as an implement for handling food or any of various agricultural tools.
- something resembling or suggesting this in form.
- See tuning fork.
- [Mach.]yoke1 (def. 9).
- a division into branches.
- the point or part at which a thing, as a river or a road, divides into branches: Bear left at the fork in the road.
- either of the branches into which a thing divides.
- [Horol.](in a lever escapement) the forked end of the lever engaging with the ruby pin. See diag. under lever escapement.
- a principal tributary of a river.
- the support of the front wheel axles of a bicycle or motorcycle, having the shape of a two-pronged fork.
- the barbed head of an arrow.
- to pierce, raise, pitch, dig, etc., with a fork.
- to make into the form of a fork.
- [Chess.]to maneuver so as to place (two opponent's pieces) under simultaneous attack by the same piece.
- to divide into branches: Turn left where the road forks.
- to turn as indicated at a fork in a road, path, etc.: Fork left and continue to the top of the hill.
- fork over or out or up, [Informal.]to hand over;
pay: Fork over the money you owe me!
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Inninn (in),USA pronunciation n.
- a commercial establishment that provides lodging, food, etc., for the public, esp. travelers;
- a tavern.
- any of several buildings in London formerly used as places of residence for students, esp. law students. Cf. Inns of Court.
- a legal society occupying such a building.
Designde•sign (di zīn′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), esp. to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
- to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
- to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
- to form or conceive in the mind;
plan: The prisoner designed an intricate escape.
- to assign in thought or intention;
purpose: He designed to be a doctor.
- [Obs.]to mark out, as by a sign;
- to make drawings, preliminary sketches, or plans.
- to plan and fashion the form and structure of an object, work of art, decorative scheme, etc.
- an outline, sketch, or plan, as of the form and structure of a work of art, an edifice, or a machine to be executed or constructed.
- organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art;
- the combination of details or features of a picture, building, etc.;
the pattern or motif of artistic work: the design on a bracelet.
- the art of designing: a school of design.
- a plan or project: a design for a new process.
- a plot or intrigue, esp. an underhand, deceitful, or treacherous one: His political rivals formulated a design to unseat him.
- designs, a hostile or aggressive project or scheme having evil or selfish motives: He had designs on his partner's stock.
- adaptation of means to a preconceived end.
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Newnew (no̅o̅, nyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time;
novel: a new concept of the universe.
- having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
- unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
- having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
- unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
- coming or occurring afresh;
additional: new gains.
- fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
- (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
- other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
- being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
- recently or lately (usually used in combination): The valley was green with new-planted crops.
anew or afresh (often used in combination): roses new washed with dew; new-mown hay.
- something that is new;
a new object, quality, condition, etc.: Ring out the old, ring in the new.
Corkcork (kôrk),USA pronunciation n.
- the outer bark of an oak, Quercus suber, of Mediterranean countries, used for making stoppers for bottles, floats, etc.
- Also called cork oak. the tree itself.
- something made of cork.
- a piece of cork, rubber, or the like used as a stopper, as for a bottle.
- [Angling.]a small float to buoy up a fishing line or to indicate that a fish is biting.
- Also called phellem, suber. an outer tissue of bark produced by and exterior to the phellogen.
- blow or pop one's cork, [Informal.]to lose one's temper;
release one's emotional or physical tension.
- to provide or fit with cork or a cork.
- to stop with or as if with a cork (often fol. by up).
- to blacken with burnt cork.
Howdy peoples, this blog post is about Marvelous North Fork Table And Inn Design Ideas #3 New York Cork Report. This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 806 x 535. It's file size is just 111 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your PC, you have to Click here. You also also download more images by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: North Fork Table And Inn.
The Marvelous North Fork Table And Inn Design Ideas #3 New York Cork Report is not segregated in the house ang gorgeous yard design. Beyond spreading vegetable you know enhance the garden! Yard design also includes design of the cottage garden, a room in the middle of the playground to get a number of functionality. the designs are seen by us. Possess a pad within the backyard will be good.
Many things can be carried out there, having fun with your family, having a bust while savoring the day oxygen and green areas, to just unwind with a walk around the lodge we can do. The Marvelous North Fork Table And Inn Design Ideas #3 New York Cork Report could be created using stone or lumber. It can be created on the ground or along with the pine. Generally, the cottage garden has a small-size.
For enthusiasm homemade distinctive garden is seen in the former yard decor of the seat. Increase the log-cabin or even a home, typically takes devote the nation's topic. Preserving different elements of character and freshness, a record resort must present tranquility and peace. Many hotels wood located in the area or hamlet places.