ChicagoChi•ca•go (shi kä′gō, -kô′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a city in NE Illinois, on Lake Michigan: second largest city in the U.S. 3,005,072.
Timetime (tīm),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., timed, tim•ing.
- the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future;
indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
- duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity;
- (sometimes cap.) a system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
- a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
- a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.
- Often, times.
- a period in the history of the world, or contemporary with the life or activities of a notable person: prehistoric times; in Lincoln's time.
- the period or era now or previously present: a sign of the times; How times have changed!
- a period considered with reference to its events or prevailing conditions, tendencies, ideas, etc.: hard times; a time of war.
- a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life, for payment of a debt, etc.
- the end of a prescribed or allotted period, as of one's life or a pregnancy: His time had come, but there was no one left to mourn over him. When her time came, her husband accompanied her to the delivery room.
- a period with reference to personal experience of a specified kind: to have a good time; a hot time in the old town tonight.
- a period of work of an employee, or the pay for it;
working hours or days or an hourly or daily pay rate.
- a term of enforced duty or imprisonment: to serve time in the army; do time in prison.
- the period necessary for or occupied by something: The time of the baseball game was two hours and two minutes. The bus takes too much time, so I'll take a plane.
- leisure time;
sufficient or spare time: to have time for a vacation; I have no time to stop now.
- a particular or definite point in time, as indicated by a clock: What time is it?
- a particular part of a year, day, etc.;
season or period: It's time for lunch.
- an appointed, fit, due, or proper instant or period: a time for sowing; the time when the sun crosses the meridian; There is a time for everything.
- the particular point in time when an event is scheduled to take place: train time; curtain time.
- an indefinite, frequently prolonged period or duration in the future: Time will tell if what we have done here today was right.
- the right occasion or opportunity: to watch one's time.
- each occasion of a recurring action or event: to do a thing five times; It's the pitcher's time at bat.
- times, used as a multiplicative word in phrasal combinations expressing how many instances of a quantity or factor are taken together: Two goes into six three times; five times faster.
- [Drama.]one of the three unities. Cf. unity (def. 8).
- [Pros.]a unit or a group of units in the measurement of meter.
relative rapidity of movement.
- the metrical duration of a note or rest.
- proper or characteristic tempo.
- the general movement of a particular kind of musical composition with reference to its rhythm, metrical structure, and tempo.
- the movement of a dance or the like to music so arranged: waltz time.
- rate of marching, calculated on the number of paces taken per minute: double time; quick time.
- [Manège.]each completed action or movement of the horse.
- against time, in an effort to finish something within a limited period: We worked against time to get out the newspaper.
- ahead of time, before the time due;
early: The building was completed ahead of time.
- at one time:
in a former time: At one time they owned a restaurant.
- at the same time;
at once: They all tried to talk at one time.
- at the same time, nevertheless;
yet: I'd like to try it, but at the same time I'm a little afraid.
- at times, at intervals;
occasionally: At times the city becomes intolerable.
- beat someone's time, [Slang.]to compete for or win a person being dated or courted by another;
prevail over a rival: He accused me, his own brother, of trying to beat his time.
- behind the times, old-fashioned;
dated: These attitudes are behind the times.
- for the time being, temporarily;
for the present: Let's forget about it for the time being.
- from time to time, on occasion;
at intervals: She comes to see us from time to time.
- gain time, to postpone in order to make preparations or gain an advantage;
delay the outcome of: He hoped to gain time by putting off signing the papers for a few days more.
- in good time:
- at the right time;
- in advance of the right time;
early: We arrived at the appointed spot in good time.
- in no time, in a very brief time;
almost at once: Working together, they cleaned the entire house in no time.
- in time:
- early enough: to come in time for dinner.
- in the future;
eventually: In time he'll see what is right.
- in the correct rhythm or tempo: There would always be at least one child who couldn't play in time with the music.
- keep time:
- to record time, as a watch or clock does.
- to mark or observe the tempo.
- to perform rhythmic movements in unison.
- kill time, to occupy oneself with some activity to make time pass quickly: While I was waiting, I killed time counting the cars on the freight trains.
- make time:
- to move quickly, esp. in an attempt to recover lost time.
- to travel at a particular speed.
- make time with, [Slang.]to pursue or take as a sexual partner.
- many a time, again and again;
frequently: Many a time they didn't have enough to eat and went to bed hungry.
- mark time:
- to suspend progress temporarily, as to await developments;
fail to advance.
- to move the feet alternately as in marching, but without advancing.
- on one's own time, during one's free time;
without payment: He worked out more efficient production methods on his own time.
- on time:
- at the specified time;
- to be paid for within a designated period of time, as in installments: Many people are never out of debt because they buy everything on time.
- out of time, not in the proper rhythm: His singing was out of time with the music.
- pass the time of day, to converse briefly with or greet someone: The women would stop in the market to pass the time of day.
- take one's time, to be slow or leisurely;
dawdle: Speed was important here, but he just took his time.
- time after time, again and again;
often: I've told him time after time not to slam the door.
- time and time again, repeatedly;
often: Time and time again I warned her to stop smoking.Also, time and again.
- time of life, (one's) age: At your time of life you must be careful not to overdo things.
- time of one's life, [Informal.]an extremely enjoyable experience: They had the time of their lives on their trip to Europe.
- of, pertaining to, or showing the passage of time.
- (of an explosive device) containing a clock so that it will detonate at the desired moment: a time bomb.
- [Com.]payable at a stated period of time after presentment: time drafts or notes.
- of or pertaining to purchases on the installment plan, or with payment postponed.
- to measure or record the speed, duration, or rate of: to time a race.
- to fix the duration of: The proctor timed the test at 15 minutes.
- to fix the interval between (actions, events, etc.): They timed their strokes at six per minute.
- to regulate (a train, clock, etc.) as to time.
- to appoint or choose the moment or occasion for;
schedule: He timed the attack perfectly.
- to keep time;
sound or move in unison.
Backyardback•yard (bak′yärd′),USA pronunciation n.
- the portion of a lot or building site behind a house, structure, or the like, sometimes fenced, walled, etc.
- a familiar or nearby area;
Steaksteak (stāk),USA pronunciation n.
- a slice of meat or fish, esp. beef, cooked by broiling, frying, etc.
- chopped meat prepared in the same manner as a steak.
Pitpit1 (pit),USA pronunciation n., v., pit•ted, pit•ting.
- a naturally formed or excavated hole or cavity in the ground: pits caused by erosion; clay pits.
- a covered or concealed excavation in the ground, serving as a trap.
- an excavation made in exploring for or removing a mineral deposit, as by open-cut methods.
- the shaft of a coal mine.
- the mine itself.
- the abode of evil spirits and lost souls;
hell: an evil inspiration from the pit.
- the pits, an extremely unpleasant, boring, or depressing place, condition, person, etc.;
the absolute worst: When you're alone, Christmas is the pits.
- a hollow or indentation in a surface: glass flawed by pits.
- a natural hollow or depression in the body: the pit of the back.
- pits, the armpits: up to my pits in work.
- a small, depressed scar, as one of those left on the skin after smallpox or chicken pox.
- an enclosure, usually below the level of the spectators, as for staging fights between dogs, cocks, or, formerly, bears.
- (in a commodity exchange) a part of the floor of the exchange where trading in a particular commodity takes place: the corn pit.
- all that part of the main floor of a theater behind the musicians.
- the main floor of a theater behind the stalls.
- orchestra (def. 2a).
- (in a hoistway) a space below the level of the lowest floor served.
- [Auto Racing.]an area at the side of a track, for servicing and refueling the cars.
- [Bowling.]the sunken area of a bowling alley behind the pins, for the placement or recovery of pins that have been knocked down.
- [Track.]the area forward of the takeoff point in a jumping event, as the broad jump or pole vault, that is filled with sawdust or soft earth to lessen the force of the jumper's landing.
- the area or room of a casino containing gambling tables.
- to mark or indent with pits or depressions: ground pitted by erosion.
- to scar with pockmarks: His forehead was pitted by chicken pox.
- to place or bury in a pit, as for storage.
- to set in opposition or combat, as one against another.
- to put (animals) in a pit or enclosure for fighting.
- to become marked with pits or depressions.
- (of body tissue) to retain temporarily a mark of pressure, as by a finger, instrument, etc.
Hello , this post is about Chicago Past Time - Backyard Steak Pit ( Backyard Steak Pit #3). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1805 x 1526. It's file size is just 374 KB. If You decided to download This blog post to Your computer, you could Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: Backyard Steak Pit.
Chicago Past Time - Backyard Steak Pit ( Backyard Steak Pit #3) isn't merely practical include your yard, but additionally raise convenience. Incorporating backyard table that is extensive and seats that are comfy may convert a backyard right into a place dishes. By following a recommendations described below, choose a backyard table wisely. It is crucial that you consider the yard seem that you would like. Would you like to utilize like a living area or you just need to make a place to relax?
By holding them in an area that is guarded when not in-use you can prolong living of the garden table. It is possible to fit it used inside garage or the cellar when not. Taking into consideration the acquired Chicago Past Time - Backyard Steak Pit ( Backyard Steak Pit #3)'s quality. Take a look at the resources used in the production of garden table and never depending on cheapness garden desk that is pricey. This ensures furniture to your garden will last longer than-expected a place that increases segmented, and has thorns.
Predicated on your needs, you're able to contemplate investing in a yard table-based to the development and measurement materials. If you utilize a backyard desk with its advanced capabilities, you then must save money time to the preservation of the stand in the place of enjoying your relaxing occasion. You can buy a stand manufactured from teak, firwood or steel much maintenance does not be required by that.