Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Notchnotch (noch),USA pronunciation n.
- an angular orV-shaped cut, indentation, or slit in an object, surface, or edge.
- a cut or nick made in a stick or other object for record, as in keeping a tally.
- [New Eng. and Upstate New York.]a deep, narrow opening or pass between mountains;
- [Informal.]a step, degree, or grade: This camera is a notch better than the other.
- [Metall.]a taphole in a blast furnace: iron notch; cinder notch.
- to cut or make a notch in.
- to record by notches: He notched each kill on the stick.
- to score, as in a game: He notched another win.
- notch up or down, to move up or down or increase or decrease by notches or degrees: The temperature has notched up another degree.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Joistjoist ( joist),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a number of small, parallel beams of timber, steel, reinforced concrete, etc., for supporting floors, ceilings, or the like.
- to furnish with or fix on joists.
Hello there, this photo is about Can I Notch A Floor Joist #7 Eng-Tips. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 764 x 430. This image's file size is only 83 KB. Wether You want to download It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You could too download more images by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Can I Notch A Floor Joist.
For Can I Notch A Floor Joist includes a natural region that will normally be utilized being a playground location that will be planted with numerous kinds of crops that may produce a stunning and incorporate the property and cosmetic benefit. For your newest residence garden decoration is standard of two parts, back and particularly the leading of your home.
To produce a residence garden decoration is modern front, there are several exciting ideas that you can implement, and so the park is not just a green area to position the plants mature effectively, but also can offer an artistic worth that is good about the property front. Therefore become an extra benefit for the home with naturalness.
Where each aspect includes a specified location and may be maximized thus an attractive yard and fascinating to own different functions, and will be used to the requirements of every household. Wildlife is one-part of the Can I Notch A Floor Joist that may be built to see-the whole-house looks attractive and more wonderful. Unfortunately, you may still find many people who do not believe toomuch about designing the yard so the appearance of the house looks in the external to become less lovely and appealing.