Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Notchnotch (noch),USA pronunciation n.
- an angular orV-shaped cut, indentation, or slit in an object, surface, or edge.
- a cut or nick made in a stick or other object for record, as in keeping a tally.
- [New Eng. and Upstate New York.]a deep, narrow opening or pass between mountains;
- [Informal.]a step, degree, or grade: This camera is a notch better than the other.
- [Metall.]a taphole in a blast furnace: iron notch; cinder notch.
- to cut or make a notch in.
- to record by notches: He notched each kill on the stick.
- to score, as in a game: He notched another win.
- notch up or down, to move up or down or increase or decrease by notches or degrees: The temperature has notched up another degree.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Joistjoist ( joist),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a number of small, parallel beams of timber, steel, reinforced concrete, etc., for supporting floors, ceilings, or the like.
- to furnish with or fix on joists.
Articlear•ti•cle (är′ti kəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -cled, -cling.
- a written composition in prose, usually nonfiction, on a specific topic, forming an independent part of a book or other publication, as a newspaper or magazine.
- an individual object, member, or portion of a class;
an item or particular: an article of food; articles of clothing.
- something of indefinite character or description: What is that article?
- an item for sale;
- any member of a small class of words, or, as in Swedish or Rumanian, affixes, found in certain languages, as English, French, and Arabic, that are linked to nouns and that typically have a grammatical function identifying the noun as a noun rather than describing it. In English the definite article is the, the indefinite article is a or an, and their force is generally to impart specificity to the noun or to single out the referent from the class named by the noun.
- a clause, item, point, or particular in a contract, treaty, or other formal agreement;
a condition or stipulation in a contract or bargain: The lawyers disagreed on the article covering plagiarism suits.
- a separate clause or provision of a statute.
- a person.
- [Archaic.]a subject or matter of interest, thought, business, etc.
- [Obs.]a specific or critical point of time;
juncture or moment: the article of death.
- to set forth in articles;
charge or accuse specifically: They articled his alleged crimes.
- to bind by articles of covenant or stipulation: to article an apprentice.
Howdy , this post is about Ordinary Can I Notch A Floor Joist #6 Article Image. This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 567 x 477. This attachment's file size is just 49 KB. If You want to download It to Your computer, you can Click here. You also also see more images by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Can I Notch A Floor Joist.
Can I Notch A Floor Joist has been used with consistency that is growing. A growing number of homeowners find that skill can be used by them within their restroom. There are lots of different options to select from. It really is merely of thinning your final decision to just one choice a matter. Classic Ordinary Can I Notch A Floor Joist #6 Article Images are often square or rounded.
Typical components contain metal or porcelain. Which substances that are standard are superior, for true decorative you're able to select components like pebble or cement. The texture's quality brings true drama towards the toilet and is fairly lovely.
For anything a little unique a significantly ranked Ordinary Can I Notch A Floor Joist #6 Article Image can be chosen by you. One end-of the increase is simply an inch or two heavy, whilst the suggestion of the square could be the standard depth for the sink. it is magnificent to observe and a number of enjoyment showing off for your friends although you should have a bigger countertop space to allow for this type. You can even discover additional designs including rectangle or block. Some comes with although some have a serving that's precisely the same detail through the pan. Both designs are simply of determining which will continue to work best-in your bathroom, a matter.